Once again, things are ever changing in our world. We are going to begin attempting a new schedule with Trey in an effort to get him healthier in every way for his next transplant. So, here is the new plan:
Basically, Trey will be in the hospital for 3-4 days each week, and home 3-4 days each week. For instance, we are probably going to head home this evening or tomorrow morning, and then return to Dallas next Thursday for treatment. His treatment involves 2 days of Photopheresis and one days of Romidepsin…and depending on how he responds determines how long we stay in the hospital. We, along with the doctors, just think this is a good thing. He does better at home. He eats more, walks more, interacts more and relaxes more. We will just have to work hard to keep him isolated and healthy. We want him home, as long as it does not jeopardize his health or set him back further. So, we are going to try it and see what happens.
We have several very important prayer requests, and we would be honored if you would pray with us about these things and rally others to pray as well:
1. Pray that Trey stays protected. Being home will obviously expose him to more things, but we pray God just puts a bubble of protection around him and our other children;
2. Pray that as he’s home…he heals! In my heart, I just feel this is best for Trey. Pray his cell counts stay up and close to normal…especially his platelets and white blood cell count;
3. Pray the abnormal cells will stay suppressed and keep decreasing in percentage;
4. Pray for no fevers, infections or bleeding;
5. Pray he has an appetite and will eat…we need him eating and drinking in order to keep him home. Please pray about this;
6. Pray for HIS SKIN!!! Please petition to the Lord to bring healing to his skin. He’s like a snake that is completely peeling off his outer skin…we desperately need healing to occur here.
All in all, we think this is a very good decision for Trey. We have no idea how many days we have left with Trey, but you can bet that we will savor each one…and being at home will only help. I’m just excited to have him back and our kids will be excited as well. Truly, there is no place like home.
We love each of you and thank you more than we can say for praying with us.